Let's get this party started! Coffee & Thread Tour!

April 05, 2017

(Português no fim)
Lets get this sewing party started on this blog! I have to admit then when I was invited to this tour I said no way I’m doing this… I had just returned from our year long travel, had no house and the sewing machines in boxes! It’s impossible to have everything ready for the tour! But then… I started to think that this was the perfect excuse to get back to sewing, plus the kids are in desperate need for some clothes!
I’ve sewed a lot of Olga’s Patterns, they are all great! I lost count of how many Mulberry Tunics I’ve made in the past. I wanted to try every single pattern, but you know how it goes, the plans are always far too ambitious! I've manage to make 3 and a half items, the gorgeous Polina dress just left the cutting table, still needs to go trough the sewing process. Latter I’ll show you…

I love tunics! It’s the most used item around the house, so it was logic that the Ania Tunic was my first choice… Here it is! 
My favourite off all Olga’s patterns? The coolest dress ever, the Antalya! I wanted to make it more like “overall skirt” than a dress, so I’ve sewed only the front and back pieces and omitted the sides. I’ve used bias binding all around to finish it. I was so happy with the result that I couldn't wait to try it on Teresa, mark the hem and get it finished… But as soon as I got the Antalya “overall skirt” and looked at my tinny monkey I realised that it was gonna be way way big on her (insert sad face here). Well, better big than small, they grow up so fast, before I realise she will be perfect in it! 
The last one was the the Vasilisa Top. Did you know it’s free? 
Since Teresa has a huge baby belly I didn't do the elasticised shirring at the bottom. I also changed the bias at the neck and instead of the ties i’ve used a button.
Have you been following along? There’s amazing sewing going on in this tour!!! 
And great prizes to be own (you can enter at the end of the post)
There is more… During the tour there’s a 20% discount on all Olga’s patterns using the code “coffeeandthreadtour”

*****
Vamos lá começar esta festa aqui no blog! Tenho que admitir que quando me convidaram para este “tour” disse que de maneira nenhuma podia participar… Tinha acabado de voltar da nossa viagem de um ano, não tinha casa e as máquinas de costura estavam ainda em caixas! Seria impossível ter tudo pronto a tempo! Mas depois… comecei a pensar que seria a desculpa ideal para recomeçar a coser, além de que os miúdos estavam, desesperadamente, a precisar de roupa!
Fiz vários moldes da Olga, são todos top! Já perdi a conta de quantas túnicas Mulberry fiz no passado. Queria ter feito todos os moldes, mas já sabem como é, os nossos planos são sempre demasiado ambiciosos! Mesmo assim consegui fazer 3 e meio, o vestido lindo Polina acabou de sair da mesa de corte, ainda tem que passar pelo processo de coser. Mostro depois…
Adoro túnicas! É a coisa que mais se usa cá em casa, por isso a minha primeira escolha foi obvia, o molde Ania.
Qual o meu molde preferido? O vestido super cool Antalya! Queria fazer em formato jardineiras e não vestido, cosi apenas as partes de atras e frente, omitindo os laterais. No fim rematei tudo com fita de vies. Fiquei mesmo contente com o resultado, estava desejosa que a Teresinha chegasse para marcar as bainhas e terminar… Assim que peguei nas “jardineiras” e olhei para a minha pequena macaquinha reparei logo que ia estar enorme (cara triste aqui). Bem, mas melhor grande que pequeno, eles crescem tao rápido que daqui a uns dias já lhe vai estar óptimo! 
O outro molde que usei foi o Vasilia Top. Sabem que é grátis?!?
Como a Teresa tem uma enorme barriga de bebe não fiz a parte elástica da cintura. Também substitui as fitas para o laço por um botão. 

Têm andado a seguir? O nível das “costurices” desta “tour” é incrível!!!
E há prémios para ganhar (participar abaixo)

Ainda há mais… Durante o tour têm 20% de desconto em todos os moldes da Olga usando o código “coffeeandthreadtour”


a Rafflecopter giveaway

April 3
Enjoyful Makes || Idle Sunshine || ZowieZo Handmade || Angie Burgett

April 4
Handmade Frenzy || Replicate Then Deviate || Fairies, Bubbles & Co || Coral + Co

April 5
Made By Sara || Naeh-Connection || The Bag of Unexpected || Circle Meets Line

April 6
Skirt Fixation || Sewing Like Mad || Hello Holli || Buzzmills ||

April 7
Little Cumquat || Thread Bear Garments || Pearl Berry Lane || Plus 2 is 5 || Sew Chibi 

April 10
Stahlarbeit || Knee Socks and Goldilocks || Bonnie and Lottie || Sew Sophielynn 

April 11
Mouse House Creations || While She was Sleeping || Mix it Make it || By Dagbjort 

April 12
Gaafmachine || Beletoile || LBG Studio || My Cozy Co  || As It Seams

April 13
Moineau & Petit Pois || Just Add Fabric || Sweeter Than Cupcakes || Frances Suzanne || Sew Liberated 

April 14
Stitched Together || S is for Sewing || Boevenbende || Lafolie Sewing Booth || Sew Pony ||
With Love By Eva 

You Might Also Like

24 Brilliant Thoughts

  1. oh your little model is so gorgeous and funny haha Best poses ever! I bet she will grow into her Antalya overalls in no time at all (not that we want them to grow up in a hurry, right?). Love the tunics <3 They are so practical and adorable, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is getting bigger and bigger! We miss you all a lot... Sometimes we want to go back in time and still be traveling and spending time with everyone we met along the way! Big kiss to all (a special one to R)

      Delete
  2. Rita, all the makes are so awesome! I am so happy you joined the tour! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your daughter is adorable!!! 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga! I'm so happy to be back to the sewing community... If it wasn't for you! Your patterns rock!

      Delete
  3. Great Idea with the overall Skirt!! I would have never thought of that. She'll grow into it before you know it. I didn't even know about the Vasilisa Top so I will check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vasilisa top is a great pattern, you can find it in the Coffee and Thread facebook group! The overall skirt works really great... I was not sure but it turned out exactly (well if we don't take into account the size issues) like i've imagined!

      Delete
  4. She is so darling!! I love the colors you picked and that Ania!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the overall idea - so cute!!! I also didn't know about the Vasilisa top....going to go check that out now! All of your makes are absolutely adorable, as is your little girl. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! The Vasilisa Top is an amazing pattern, I'm definitely making more for summer!

      Delete
  6. So impressive that you sewed up 3 (and almost 4) patterns! I totally love these...but I too didn't know about the Vasilisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all pretty quick sews ;-)! I only found out about the Vasilisa Top on the tour, it's great and very easy to make!

      Delete
  7. Wow! I love all of them! Such a clever idea turning the Antalya into an overall. That Ania tunic is almost as cute as your daughter, she is simply too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marieke! She loves being silly... I'm lucky she is still little and doesn't mind taking pictures ;-)

      Delete
  8. I love all your makes, Rita!! They are so amazing and pretty!!! I love the idea of the overall skirt -- I might have to copy yours! Can't wait to see your Polina now... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you and the girls! Tks for making me sew quicker than I expected! The fabric I used in Vasilisa top is from Japan ;-)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh these are all so so cute! You're so talented! I love the overall dress hack 😍😍😍 the fluro, the stripes, those deep sides! adore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it to fit Teresa... She is very short so I guess it will take a while! Tks :-)

      Delete
  10. Your daughter's facial expressions, LOL the best! And you made some great makes. What a fun and genius thing you did with Antalya, and you are right, before you know it, it will fit her. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mie! She will be a great actress... LOL! I love your knit Mulberry Tunics, I have to make one ASAP!

      Delete
  11. Wow, I never thought of the Antalya as an overall. That's fabulous and the combination with stripes and fluro totally rocks!!! P.S She is such a cutiepie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for her to grow so she can use it ;-)

      Delete
  12. Your daughter is so cute !! And I love all these outfits !

    ReplyDelete